Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Flexibility - I work on it

For some reason Coach thinks I can do a haircutter spiral. We tried it, and I pitched perilously forward, but I did get my foot up relatively high for a first attempt. It was encouraging, and it would be cool to do. So, I've begun really working on my flexibility.

I stretch before and after skating. I stretch during skating. I stretch on the train platforms during my daily commute. I stretch at home while I watch TV.

Result?






Hopefully this will pay off. I'm no closer to a split than I was three months ago... but we'll see how far I can get. I just find it hilarious when the teenagers do it for me, and I have to remind them that I have 20 years on them, and their moms laugh.

(I don't think many people at the rink know how old I really am... I'm not about to tell them!)

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up! Not after 3 months, not after 6 months! And remember for the splits, it's not just flexibility, it's also strength and mental relaxation. It's so different for every body too, for me it was an issue of hamstring strength and lack of inner thigh flexibility, and the usual stretches for splits didn't really help me. I ended up contorting into some strange positions to stretch, and got the help of a top notch Rossiter coach. I think kids forget how much it takes since it is still so easy for them. I hope you will get farther down soon!

    ReplyDelete