Saturday, June 14, 2014

How things have changed.

I've had a lot of comments lately on my dramatic skating improvement in the past three months. I haven't said much about it, but I can feel it, too. It feels wonderful. Since I'm no "Sports" person and I have no experience with how Coaching is actually supposed to work, so I did some reading on Sports Psychology and the Role of Coach. I've learned a lot.

What's amusing to me is that everyone says I look better, but I actually have more close calls and falls now than three months ago. Looking back through the journals I keep, I can see why.

What's also interesting is that I have no massive big new thing that I can do, aside from alternating 3 Turn-Taptoe-3 Turn, which is hella fun and nothing I would have tried in February. At one point I would have termed this a plateau, but it doesn't feel that way at all this time. True, there's no jump in skills, but there has been a huge jump in confidence and focus. The result is that the skillset I have has improved dramatically, and Coach has promised more and more as I get "comfortable."

"Bring it," was my response.




No comments:

Post a Comment