Friday, December 10, 2010

"Where the hell are your Pants?!" - Show 2

I'm sure there are about twenty boys ranging in age from six to sixteen who are all wondering who the hell I think I am.



I arrived in the boy's dressing room to find all their costumes scattered on the floor and completely disorganized. I straightened things up and sewed buttons quickly.

Then they arrived.

"HANG UP YOUR COSTUME!"
"NO! NONONONONONONONONONO!!!"
"DO NOT SPIT ON THE FLOOR!"
"GET OFF THE COSTUME RACK!! SERIOUSLY??" (This was to an older child.)
"NO WRESTLING!! DO NOT WRESTLE!!"
"SHARE! SHARING IS PRESCHOOL, PEOPLE!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOODDDOOOOOOGGGGGDDDEEEEBAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!"

Heh.

After watching Richie Rich wale on his parents and generally act like a future menace to society, I took extreme pleasure in making him clean up his spittle from the floor.

But there was a bright moment. A skater who had tossed his gift child costume on the floor after the matinee actually stopped me from hanging it this evening. "I've got that."

"Oh, good. It's important to put things away. Thank you."

I noticed all the boys hang up their costumes with some degree of success.

Victory!

2 comments:

  1. Ritchie Rich wormed his way into my heart last night. His parents weren't around to help him change into his costume or install his skates. While I was helping, he asked if I saw how high he could kick the ball. Kicking a large rubber ball to the ceiling in a crowded with no regard to where it might fall is anti-social but he asked innocently and looked at me with bright blue eyes. Maybe his diet is admiration deficient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I get the feeling something is seriously hinky going on there. I can't blame kids entirely.

    "Install Skates" is awesome!

    ReplyDelete